The new 2D series is co-executive produced by Andy Suriano (character designer for Samurai Jack) and Ant Ward (supervising producer of the 2012 TV series). The series is said to be lighter and more humor-oriented than its predecessor series.
- April O'Neil (Kat Graham)
- Baron Draxum (John Cena)
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Splinter (Eric Bauza)
- Meat Sweats (TBA)
- Warren Stone (TBA)
- Hypnopotamus (Rhys Darby) 
- Albearto (TBA)
- Foot Clan
- TBA (Maurice LaMarche) 
- TBA (Rob Paulsen) 
- Alexis Page - Character Designer
- Andy Suriano - Executive Producer
- Ant Ward - Executive Producer
- Christine Liu - Storyboard Artist
- Erik Elizarrez - Prop Designer
- Rob Paulsen - Voice Director
- Frank Verderosa - Sound Mixer
- Chris Viscardi - Supervising Producer
- This is the first time April O'Neil is officially portrayed as African-American, but not the first concept of April as African-American. The original Mirage April was inspired by a biracial woman Kevin Eastman once dated, and her ethnic appearance in early issues was ambiguous and in a state of flux, but was later more consistently portrayed with a Caucasian appearance.
- Raphael is the oldest turtle and leader of the TMNT for the first time instead of Leonardo. As stated by the voice actors, the new order of the turtles (from eldest to youngest) is now: Raphael, Donatello, Leonardo, and Michelangelo.
- This is the first time that each turtle are a different species from one another:
- Raphael is a snapping turtle.
- Donatello is a softshell turtle.
- Leonardo is a red-eared slider turtle.
- Michelangelo is a box turtle.
- This is the second series in which a Turtle utilizes tonfa as a weapon, with Raphael using them in place of his double sai, the first being Michelangelo in Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.
- Leonardo and Michelangelo also don't use their traditional weapons in this series. For instance, Leonardo will wield an Ōdachi sword instead of double Katana blades, and Mikey will wield a kusari-fundo instead of double nunchaku.
- According to a behind the scenes video, the show focuses on the Turtles before they "started their career as crime fighters".
- Unlike previous incarnations, the Turtles are all in different ages:
- Raphael is 15 years old.
- Donatello and Leonardo are both 14 years old.
- Michelangelo is only 13 years old.
- "Mystic Mayhem", the pilot episode, is set to premiere as a sneak preview of the series on July 20th, 2018, after Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Sports.
- ↑ Variety 2 March 2017 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ CG Animated Series Gets 2D Reboot at Nickelodeon
- ↑ Newsarama 11 January 2018 - John Cena Joins Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- ↑ Hollywood Reporter 11 January 2018 - John Cena to Voice 'Ninja Turtles' Character, Produce Competition Series for Nickelodeon
- ↑ Comicsbeat 11 January 2018 - "Rise of the TMNT" Cartoon Recruits John Cena as New Villain